Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sacrifice

The last three months have been packed full of wonderful and stressful. Jordan took his board exams, a huge step in the med school world. He did extremely well, well enough to pursue any specialty he wants. I am so proud of him. Although med school is awful, worse than anyone outside of it can understand, we have both grown so much over the last two years. I never really knew the importance of sacrifice until now. Making sacrifices changes you, humbles you. I think a lot of the world's problems stem from people who are unwilling to make tough sacrifices. It is uncomfortable and sometimes excruciating, but it breaks you down until you are someone greater and stronger, much like a phoenix from the ashes...or exercise. Ugh. I do know that because we have sacrificed, we have been undeniably blessed from the Lord these two years. Time has been extended, Jordan's mind has been sharpened, and we have stayed healthy physically and emotionally. Our finances are meager, but we always have more than enough. Seriously, it's like the loaves and fishes over here. It just doesn't add up. The point is, we have made a lot of sacrifices, but our lives are overflowing with abundance, and that is how sacrifice works.

No comments:

Post a Comment