Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kansas City

Between the first and second year of med school there is something called a preceptorship where the students get two weeks of one-on-one, hands-on, clinical experience. While Jordan is off in Monet, MO at an OB office staffed with only females, Scarlett and I decided to go to Colorado; but before we parted ways, we had a little weekend getaway in Kansas City. First we stopped in Independence, MO to surprise Jordan's cousin who is a Sister Missionary at the visitor's center there. It was fun to catch up and introduce her to Scarlett. 


Then we went to Oklahoma Joe's, THE BEST BARBECUE PLACE IN THE WORLD. Man vs. Food went there and we heard it was good, but we didn't know that we would want to set up camp and raise our children there. I'm not even a huge BBQ girl, but I couldn't get enough. It's totally a hole-in-the-wall joint attached to a gas-station, but the line is always out the door. I vow to never eat anywhere but there when we visit Kansas City. 

Our hotel was also a pleasant surprise. The bed was the most wonderful surface I have ever slept on and the closet was huge. It was big enough to fit Scarlett's pack-and-play so she could sleep undisturbed in her own little room while Jordan and I relaxed and celebrated our two year anniversary (I know. Two years. I can't believe we have so much to show for such a short period of time). We were also able to give the baby her first pool experience. It was a little too cold and the hot tub was a little too warm so we mostly just waded and splashed, but she was thoroughly impressed. 




This was one of those weekends that felt like I hoped it would. Sometimes I expect a trip to feel a certain way and then all of a sudden it's over and I think, "well that was kind of a let down." This was just the opposite. It was perfect and a great way to kick off the summer. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun little trip! I TOTALLY need one of those!
    P.S. Completely unfair how great you look. Just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Jamie said. We are so so so so so so so so so so (did I mention SO?) excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys both look so thin!! MEOW!

    ReplyDelete