Friday, August 19, 2011

Online Shopping.

Shopping is pretty sparse here in old K-ville. Walmart can only provide so much and the boutiques and specialty shops are precious, but usually out of our price range. Therefore, I have become an online shopper and I can't decide if I love it or hate it.

I love sitting and eating and shopping at the same time. I can go to a bajillion stores, price check, and find exactly what I want while only barely moving my fat, swollen pregnancy fingers. But then I hate having to wait and wait and wonder for days if I made the right decision. From the moment I press "check out" to the moment the doorbell rings, I look back at the picture of my purchased item a thousand times. "I hope that's really the color. Are they lying when they say 'solid wood?' What if I hate it? I think I might hate it now. What was the return policy again? Track my package. Nice. It's in Tennessee now."

And then the stuff comes and I can breathe and so far I have been very happy. Except once. The baby's bedding. It looked nothing like the picture and I was sad. But I ended up getting something I liked much more and returning the other bedding for free. Point is! I love/hate online shopping and it is kind of thought/time consuming.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing! Glad I'm not the only one... I also live in the middle of nowhere with the closest civilization 45 minutes away, so online shopping is the way to go, but I obsess over my purchases until they come. Like this peacoat from L.L.Bean that should come tomorrow (in navy):

    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/67373?feat=sr

    Did I get the right size? The right color? Are the reviews accurate?

    I'm completely with you on this one...

    ReplyDelete