As a final assignment for this class, we had to choose a children's song and create a children's book using a unique artistic medium. This book was supposed to display artistic creativity and music literacy. I was having a hard time picking a children's song (there are some really nonsensical songs in this world), so I decided it would mean more to me if I wrote my own! This project turned into more of a pre-gift for my children and thereby became more meaningful. I decided to make a fabric book and to iron on the music. (Let me tell you how long it took to figure out how to flip the music so it could print backwards so I could iron it on). This is where this project turned into a love/hate relationship. I LOVED writing a song AND a book! I felt complete ownership and that is a lovely feeling. But 50 bucks and 50 hours later in the middle of the hot summer semester and while starting a new job and being newly married made me hate this book. It took over our lives! I think if I put away the book for a bout a year and pull it out again, I will feel much better about it.
So here it is. I titled it,
"A Love Song for Love Birds."
1. There is a lonely bird
Who sings a song so sweet.
He sings to his true love
Whom someday he will meet.
Chorus:
Sing little bird, sing to me,
Sing me to your cherry tree.
Sing little bird, sing to me,
Sing me to your tree.
2. There is a lady dove
In a tree not far away.
She hears his song of love
And you can hear her say:
(Chorus)
3. Each one follows the song
Of the other as they fly
They search the whole day long
As they sing their lullaby.
(Chorus)
4. It started to get late
And the birds started to cry
They feared their lonely fate
As they sang one more reply.
(Chorus)
5. At last as fate would be
Each other they did see.
They made a little home
As they sang happily:
Chorus:
Sing little bird, sing to me,
Sing me to your cherry tree.
Sing little bird, sing to me,
Sing me to your tree.
Done.
$5.45 - New Fluffy Chick book... Just saying... For next time...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Cloth-Fluffy-Chick-Touch-Books/dp/0312494300/ref=sr_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281629954&sr=1-14#_
Just Kidding Sweetheart! Your book is a million times better and more meaningful. I like it.
Man, I sure hope you guys can have kids. What the heck Carly? I don't even know what to say (when I'm not being a jerk, that is). That is so great, as is my own love for Ms. Dahl.
ReplyDeleteWow. WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out so cute! Mrs. Dahl would be so proud.
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Carly. What a wonderful legacy to give your children!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented Carly. I love it and I wish you had more than one copy. I would buy it from you!!! Glad to see you are doing well :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this is GORGEOUS! You should be very proud.
ReplyDelete